Friday, April 06, 2007

~~Jesus A Friend Indeed

I had a Friend who I never saw,
I had a Friend who was always around,
I had a Friend who never made me frown,
Watching over me.

He was always there when I needed Him most,
He always knew the right things to say,
He made me laugh, jump, smile and play,
He made things seem so simple and that was His way.

I wondered why He was my Friend,
Because I had done so much wrong,
But it seemed He didn’t care,
Because He was always around.

Many days I got up with a frown,
I was feeling so so down,
But then I felt His kind words as He spoke them so true,
It seemed that no other person could ever fill His shoes.

He was with me, at school and at play,
Protecting me, guiding me and teaching me all the way,
I couldn’t believe Someone would be so kind to me,
That when I got home, I fell on my knees and prayed for His soul to keep.

I always wondered who His Name was,
And He gave me a book and told me to look it up,
I opened the book He gave to me,
And started to read it carefully.

The name of the book was The Holy Bible,
And then I realised who He was,
Written in the book it was so clear and precise,
He was My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

He was the one who died at the cross for my sins,
His Father’s Name was God,
I fell to my knees and Praised Him for His great endeavour,
And I promised Him I would Praise, Pray and Worship Him and His Father forever.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Friday, 06 April, 2007 , Blogger Jodi said...

Michelle - lovely poem! I'm so glad I have a Friend like Him!

Wanted to wish you and your family a joyful celebration this Resurrection Sunday! Blessings to you all! :o)

 
At Saturday, 07 April, 2007 , Blogger Sis. Julie said...

Awesome poem!! We're still praying for Bro. Jason and your family.

 
At Sunday, 27 April, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I am the writer of Jesus A Friend Indeed. I am glad that you all liked the poem. Thanks for posting HillsLife 95.

One question. How did you find out about the poem?

God bless you and your family and all the people you are connected to and yet to be connected to in Jesus Name

 
At Saturday, 24 May, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for having in your playlist the song Thank You by Ray Boltz. Thank you that song really ministered to me not to give up on those who are lost. Thank You for having the song Thank You by Ray Boltz in your playlist. Thank You

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>