Wednesday, June 27, 2007

~~You Hear Me When I Call~~

I've wondered, Lord, how it can be
You hear me when I call.
I'm only one of millions, and
Your love is over all.

How can it be Your Holy ear

Is tuned to hear my cries?
How can you know what troubles me
And see tears in my eyes?

Do I presume too much when I

Approach Your sacred throne,
And dare to think that I can spend
Some time with You alone?

Sometimes I am so weary

I don't even want to pray.
I feel confused; things all look wrong;
I don't know what to say.

In quietness and confidence,

I seek a place apart,
And rest until I feel Your Spirit
Touch my trembling heart.

Although I cannot understand

Somehow, I know you've heard,
Like lovers who communicate
Without a single word.

You are so great! I am so small.

I'm glad it is this way.
All things are possible with You;
You hear me when I pray.

Great God of all the universe,

In joy or in distress,
I rest myself in all You are
For you are limitless!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, 27 June, 2007 , Blogger Theresa's Notes said...

That was a really good post. Do you come up with the poems yourself? If you do, I must say you have a great talent for it.

 
At Thursday, 28 June, 2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

Theresa..I have a book of poems that each day gives a different poem for that day..I love this book..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>