Thursday, September 14, 2006

Wow..It has been awhile..

Sorry for mot keeping up with the blogging..Alot has gone on this week..I have been babyitting and that takes up alot of my time and I have not been on the computer much..I am apart of serveral boards and I have not been on them much either..
Kids are liking school and that is really good..Aubrey is in the 4th and doing great. JJ is in 2nd and really liking it..Michael is k-5 and doing awsome..

I will be starting back at the gym on friday and really looking forward to that..I have also been keeping up with my workout..

I am posting another recipe that i tried and thought you all would like it.Enjoy..


Davy Crocketts

2 cans crescent rolls1 pound ground beef1 large onion chopped2 cans whole green chilis1 to 2 cups shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese (I prefer Sargentos 4 Cheese Mexican)1/2 cup Sour cream or to taste2 or 3 stalks of geen onion, choppedSliced black olives

Preheat oven to 375 degrees or the temperature required on the crescent roll can.

Saute ground beef until no longer pink.

Open 1 can of crescent rolls and separate dough into rectangles and place them at least 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Take 4 whole green chilis. Slit each chili down the length and open it up to flatten it. Lay one chili on each rectangle.

Using a slotted spoon, spoon the drained ground beef equally over the 4 rectangles.

Top each with chopped onion to taste - we put about 1/4 cup on each.

Top each with cheese - at least 1/4 cup.

Open second can of rolls and separate into rectangles. Gently lay a rectangles over each Davy Crockett. You don't have to stretch the dough down to cover the edges. The dough will bake down and cover most of it.

Bake as long as it says on the can to bake crescent rolls. I think that's about 10 minutes.

Let each person top their Davy Crockett with sour cream, chopped green onion, shredded chees and sliced olives. One is a complete meal for me, and they make great leftovers

1 Comments:

At Friday, 15 September, 2006 , Blogger Jenn said...

Ummmm......sounds good! That is my kind of "treat" food!

Oh, please do try the pie. I would love to try one with fresh peaches another time, but since we had the cans on hand it was a great way to use them. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>